Friday, July 31, 2009

Buying me a drink does not permit you to touch me.

Oh, I'm cute? Great. Thank you. But no. I'm beautiful? Aw, you're sweet. Still no.

Why is this a constant? Men who seem to think that because they pull out a couple of 20's, or drop some money on a few rounds that it's okay to start getting touchy-feely with a woman you just met. Or better yet, heaven forbid a woman find you interesting and make eye contact when conversing. This is not a sexual, come hither stare. By my social standards, it is courteous to look someone in the eye whilst talking to them.

I love to converse in social settings. It is called being social. I like to drink alcohol while conversing in social settings. This in no way gives you license to start putting your arms around me or trying to pull me in and kiss me. I do not want this. If I wanted to kiss you, I wouldn't constantly walk away, or verbally say, "No." No amount of "Come on." or, "Please." is going to work. I do this to be nice, but apparently you don't take to subtlety very well. This then results in my getting bitchy and forces me to defend my personal space by publicly humiliating you. I don't want to get to that point, but you usually leave me without a choice.

If pulling out your wallet is your way of getting women to warm to your sexual advances, then you need a new game plan. Maybe it works on other women, but no matter how intoxicated I get, if I don't want it, I will say it. And then if you continue to be an asshole about it (like grabbing my face and trying to redirect toward yours), I will kick you in the balls. It's that simple.

Want to know a little secret? I know I'm good looking. I know that I am beautiful. I know that I am friendly. I am a gregarious person by nature. Throw a couple of drinks in me and that magnifies. However, until I start touching you on my own terms, my friendliness toward you is nothing sexual or romantic. I simply find people interesting and am fascinated with learning about them. If you want to take this as a romantic gesture, then fine, but the joke is on you.

If you're the type of man who seems to think that any women who dress sexily are out for something, then fuck you. Perhaps we dress up to look nice for the men who aren't trying to grab our asses.

Thanks.

~ Lahnna

1 comment:

  1. & perhaps we dress sexily just for ourselves. Can't wait to go out with you, so I can release my scrappy side! haha

    ReplyDelete