Monday, June 1, 2009

Your files have been restored.

I feel as though the last couple of months have consisted of me constantly existing in "restart" mode. I was not supporting my students in the best ways that I knew how. I was abusing my body by forcing myself to stay up late and then to fully function at my jobs. I was putting myself through unnecessary stress for the sake of finding out what I wanted. Again.

What did I find?

1. That my students are still as important to me as ever.
2. That I will be returning to High Tech High in the fall, whether as a tutor or a teacher.
3. I have made peace with the fact that I will most likely not be given a teaching position this fall. However, this by no means reflects on my inability to teach.
4. I am happy in San Diego for this time.
5. I miss horses. They are my little piece of Nirvana in this chaotic world.
6. I think I want to combine special education and horses.

It's amazing to feel this sense of relief. This sensation of sureness and confidence radiating from every part of me. New experiences, developments, and adventures await.

No comments:

Post a Comment