Friday, September 25, 2009

Head above water.

Life grows steadily more difficult as time presses on. I am unsure of what to do about my ever-mounting bills and my lack of a financially stable job. However, as it looks in California, no job is financially stable. The unemployment rate is just over 12% now. Rates of pay are low low low. Part of me is kicking myself for the loss of my job with High Tech High, but I don't think it could have been helped either way...

I am attempting to bite the bullet now, pay off what bills I can, and stay in contact with my landlord who has been more than his share of understanding. I feel my anxiety grow a little each day and I am trying to create space in my mind where I can feel sane.

Something needs to change. I need to figure out what I am doing wrong because my job situation certainly is not for a lack of trying. Thank goodness for Barnes & Noble, or I'd be completely destitute.

--When you're in the middle of the ocean, no flotation device in sight, you have no choice but to tread water. Your legs tire, you swallow salt water, throw it back up when you get too full, swallow more. But you have no other choice. Death is never an option. And so you continue to tread.

No comments:

Post a Comment