Friday, August 20, 2010

Filtering love out of pain.

It is 3AM. I am awake, fueled by the coffee I know I shouldn't have drunk tonight. My eyelashes are crusted with dried mascara and tears.

I am alone with my thoughts, my mind meandering through a veritable graveyard of past mistakes made by lesser experienced versions of myself. What to think, to say, to do... Nothing comes. Nothing takes away this particular brand of anxiety, a quiet discomfort that is slowly infecting me.

I am in love. So in love that even I fail to fully comprehend it. It is so very much a part of who I am that there is no point to rationalizing it, or explaining it. I can only breathe it.

This is not about me. It is about giving all the love I have to the person who deserves it most. The person who has been my solid rock through thick and thin. The person who has inspired me to be the best version of myself.

I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment