Friday, January 22, 2010

Inevitably...

With the extreme adrenaline rush of several busy days strung together comes the inevitable crash one feels when you suddenly stop. Last night was a crazy, fun-filled night of dancing, drinks, and music. The anxiety and stress of whatever issue is currently at the front of my thoughts was forgotten about.

Now I sit in a café, slowly eating my muffin and trying not to let the anxiety take over me. It is entirely brought on by my own mind and the insecurities that rest there. I know that they are only as real as I let them become.

This manifestation of shaking fingers, shallow breathing, and a knotted stomach is made worse by the fact that they are present. A sort of catch-22. I've gotten through this before, and I'll do it again.

I do miss Joe oh-so-much though. I wish I could be where he is. Soon enough though. He's doing something amazing and difficult right now, and he deserves all the support I can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment